Buy this traditional taste from the kitchens of Chettinadhttps://www.chettinadsnacksonline.com/collections/sweet/products/adhirasam-adhirasam-chettinad-s1001
Indian sweet from Tamil cuisine. It is one which is top on the list when it comes to the matter of Diwali sweet preparations in the Tamilians home.
Name of it proves its taste, “Adhi” meaning a lot in Tamil, “Rasam” in Sanskrit means taste. Adhiga maana suvai, extream in taste which called “Adhirasam”.
Raw rice -2 cup
Jaggery-1 1/4 or 1 1/2 cup powdered
Elaichi powder-1/2 tsp
Water 1 cup
Ghee -1 tbsp
Method to prepare raw rice powder at home:
1. Soak rice for 2 hours. drain water completely.
2. Spread rice evenly in a dry cloth on a flat surface under the fan for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Grind in a mixer little by little, shifts in the middle sized between rava and fine powder, no need to sieve as a fine powder.
4. Do the remaining rice and keep aside.
Method to prepare the mixture for Adhirasam:
1. Heat vessel with 1 cup of water add powdered jaggery dissolve it and strain through steel filter in order to remove dust and sand particles from it if any.
2. Take a heavy bottom deep pan adds filtered jaggery syrup and allow it to boil in medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Keep a small bowl of water beside to check the consistency of jaggery syrup we say ‘Paagu’ in Tamil.
4. Check syrup by dropping little of it in water if it does not dissolve and remains same in water without any change, that is the right time to add rice flour.(this is otherwise called as Kampi paagu padham in Tamil conforming pearl stage of it).
5. At this stage keep low flame simmer the stove, add freshly ground rice flour little by little by mixing with the other hand so as to avoid forming lumps.
6. Keep stirring it for 5 more minutes in the low flame you can notice the bubble forming at the middle and sides now add ghee and mix it.
7. Switch off the stove at this stage. The dough should be a bit gooey and sticky, don’t worry it will become hard next day.
8. Keep overnight to stay in the same pan, by closing with the cloth on top of it. This way, the syrup absorbs the flour very well.
Buy this traditional quality from,https://www.chettinadsnacksonline.com/collections/flour-items/products/adhirasam-mavu
Heat a wide pan with 200ml of oil.
Take a butter paper or banana leaf. Grease your hands with ghee, Take a lemon sized ball and flatten it, don’t pat it too thin then the Adhirasam will become crisp.
When the oil is hot drop it carefully, gradually upper layer raises up and the edges change its color to golden brown now turn the other side and remove in 10 seconds drain the excess oil by pressing with the other ladle on it.
Slip it in slanting way on the paper towel or tray so that it will not stick to each other while it is hot.
Prepare rice flour freshly at home store-bought flour will not give the best result.
Jaggery syrup should be at the right consistency for the better result.
The dough should be a bit loose, do not stir on medium or high flame it will get burnt at the bottom.
No need to transfer from the pan.
Keep overnight this way, the syrup absorbs the flour very well.
This mavu can be prepared in advance and stored in a refrigerator for 10 to 15 days.
Fry in the low flame so that the color will not turn dark and also gets cooked evenly inside.