Coriander leaves thokku is an aromatic, pleasurable dish, good combination with many dishes like idly, dosa and plain cooked rice etc…This can be stored fresh for 3 to 5 days without spoilage.
Supporting dish for all main course and to pack for picnic.
Health benefits of coriander:
Coriander has multiple health benefits,
Coriander has multiple health benefits. Coriander or cilantro is a wonderful source of dietary fiber, manganese, iron and magnesium as well. In addition, coriander leaves are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and protein. They also contain small amounts of calcium, phosphorous, potassium, thiamin, niacin and carotene.
2.A very good food for the digestive system, coriander promotes liver functions and bowel movements.
3. Coriander is good for diabetes patients. It can stimulate the insulin secretion and lower the blood sugar levels.
4. Vitamin K in it is good for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
5. The fat soluble vitamin and antioxidant- Vitamin A, protects from lung and cavity cancers.
6. Coriander contains anti-inflammatory properties. This is why it is good against inflammatory diseases such as arthritis.
7. Coriander’s antiseptic properties help to cure mouth ulcer.
8. Coriander is good for the eyes. Antioxidants in coriander prevent eye diseases. It’s a good remedy in the treatment of conjunctivitis.
9. Coriander seeds are especially good for the menstrual flow.
10. It’s a very good herb to promote the nervous system. It can stimulate the memory.
11. Coriander helps those suffering from anaemia. Coriander contains high amounts of iron, which is essential for curing anemia.
Coriander leaves(cilantro)-2 bunch
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Red chilli-3 to 4 nos
Channa dal-1 tbsp
Urad dal-1 tbsp
Fresh garlic-3 pods
Method to prepare:
Heat pan with 2 tsp of oil season with all above ingredients.
wash and clean coriander, add to the seasoned ingredients saute for a while.
Add Salt and tamarind stir well allow it to cool.
Grind the sauteed ingredients without adding water, finally add skin peeled garlic and grind a second or 2.
Season with mustard and curry leaves if you prefer.