Wheat Rava Biryani:
Cracked wheat or bulgur is healthy and fibrous, you can substitute it in the place of rice. If you are in a good diet I would recommend this to eat. It is good for health and is low in calories. An added advantage of nutritious vegetables, ghee, and aromatic spices. Same as normal rice biryani with mild spices.
Curry Leaves- 1twig
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Salt – 1tsp
Coconut milk-1 cup
Water 2 cups
Oil: -3 tbsp
Ghee-1tsp( fry rave in Ghee)
Mint leaves: 1/4 cup
Ginger & Garlic or Paste: 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves: 1/4 cup
Green chilies: 4-5 (according to your spice level)
Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
fennel seeds 1/2tsp
The method of Preparation:
1.Fry the cracked wheat in a pan for about 3-4 minutes(just to make them warm). Remove from heat and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker or Pan add bay leaves, Elaichi, pepper, cloves, Cashew fry them for a minute.
3. Now add onions fry them till it becomes translucent. After that add curry leaves and ground paste.
4. Cook them till raw smell goes off and add tomatoes and salt.
5. Add turmeric powder, cups .mix it all together cooks them for 2 minutes.
6. Add coconut milk and water to cups.
7. When it Starts boiling add cracked wheat.
8. Close the lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
Close and cook in medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes.
Flavour while cooking will make you eat immediately as hot.