We are really gifted with this wonderful iron rich vegetable, we can find abundant of drumstick in the markets during this season. Consuming seasonal vegetables is a clever idea to maintain our health. The tree full of green, long drumstick is an eye catching view in this season.
Normal we have some hesitation to have Drumstick in our lunch box, because of its hard skin, children also will not know how to eat carefully.
In this yummy dish we boil and remove the skin, we are using the pulp present inside the drumstick which will be tastier.
Delicious Drumstick perattal can be served with plain cooked rice and ghee, side dish for roti and can be used as stuffing in Masala dosa.
Know some health benefits of Drumstick, before you consume,
- It is a rich source of highly digestive proteins, calcium, iron, Vitamin C, and carotenoids.
- Drumstick soup helps to control any kind of chest congestion, coughs and sore throats.
- Juice extracted from drum stick leaves, when mixed with milk and offered to children will greatly help to strengthen their bones as it is said to be a great source of Calcium.
- Drumstick leaves juice gives a good glow to your skin and face also drumstick is said to be a great blood purifier.
- Drumstick leaves are used to treat many problems such as the wheezing of asthma, bronchitis, and tuberculosis.
- Soup made with drumstick leaves and flowers are highly beneficial in preventing infections such as throat, chest and skin.
- Drumstick-leaf juice is also very beneficial for pregnant women as it can help them to overcome sluggishness of the uterus, ease delivery, and reduce post-delivery complications.
- Inhaling steam of water in which drumsticks have been boiled helps to control asthma and other lung problems.
- Because of the high calcium, iron, and vitamins, drumstick leaves can be used as a wonderful tonic for infants, growing kids and teens to promote strong and healthy bones.
- Pregnant women should often eat drumsticks as it helps to ease any kind of pre and post-delivery complication.
Drumstick-5 to 7
Onion(shallots)-1/2 cup 10 to 15
Garlic cloves-4 chopped
Tomato- 1 small
Chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Pepper -1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds few
Method to prepare:
Clean and cut Drumstick into long pieces, boil until soft for 3 whistles approximately.
When the boiled drumstick comes to the normal temperature, open peel by holding one end of the boiled piece with a fork and take gently the soft pulp with the spoon.Collect the pulp and keep ready for perattal.
Heat oil season it with the above-mentioned ingredients.
Add, chopped onion and garlic saute until golden brown.
Add chopped curry leaves, tomato, turmeric powder, salt, and chilli powder saute till the tomato leaves its skin. (Gram masala also can be added if preferred)
Add the drumstick pulp finally and saute for 3 minutes in a medium flame.
Delicious Drumstick perattal is ready to serve with plain cooked rice and ghee, roti and can be used for Masala dosa stuffing.