Mutton is considered as a rich and tasty non-vegetarian dish. Once mutton was the main item for the feast in non-veg meal, nowadays mostly it has been replaced by chicken. Spicy mutton rasam is one of my mother’s special dish loved by all, this is more or less same as chicken rasam. Simple with little ingredients, only a few steps to be followed with care to enjoy this scrumptious mutton rasam.
Since meat contains a large amount of protein, this could be beneficial to the body as the need for protein is an important one for the body growth.
Tamarind extract-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Salt 1 1/2 tsp
Red chilli-9 nos
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-2 twig
- Wash and clean mutton, add salt and turmeric powder mix well and set aside.
2. Coarse grind pepper, cumin, coriander seeds, and garlic.
3. Cut dry red chillies with the help of scissors into small pieces.
4. Peel and cut onion and tomato.
5. Heat pan with oil, add cut dry red chillies fry until the seeds become golden yellow.
6. Now add curry leaves, onion and marinated mutton to it saute it for 3 to 5 minutes approx.
7. Add tomato saute till it leaves its skin.(tomato and red chilli should get cooked by the juice ooze out from mutton)
8. Now add 2 cups of water, tamarind extract, and salt required if any and pressure cook for 6 to 8 whistles.
9. When the steam releases, add crushed pepper, cumin, and garlic masala to it, allow it to boil for a minute and switch off.
Serve with plain cooked rice and enjoy.