Eggs are a useful source of protein, iodine and essential vitamins and are almost indispensable to the cook. Hens’ eggs are the type of egg most frequently used in cooking. Eggs combine well with many ingredients to create a huge variety of food – from simple omelettes, Scramble, simple boiled egg, Egg Masala, Egg curry etc……
Egg proteins also combine during heating (a process called coagulation), which is useful for binding ingredients together, for coating and for glazing.
Eggs-3 nos hard boiled and cut in to two halves
Tomato -1 chopped
Tomato paste -2 tbsp
Chilli paste-2 tsp
Curry leaves-1 twig
Salt 1/2 tsp
Sambar masala powder-1 tsp
Garam Masala -1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/8 tsp
Fennel seeds-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Method to prepare:
1.Boil eggs in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle,when the steam gets released transfer eggs to cool water roll it all around on a flat surface to break shell, dip in to the water again and peel off.
2. Cut in to two halves or slit on its edges keep aside.
3. Heat pan with 2 tsp of oil and season it with above “For Seasoning” ingredients.
4. Add curry leaves,chopped Onions and saute well when onion gets translucent add Tomato,Turmeric powder and Salt saute for 3 minutes,add tomato puree and chilli paste.
5. Add Masala powder and 1/2 cup of water, allow it to cook for 2 minutes, Now its cooked well to form a paste.
6. Add boiled eggs in it, reduce flame to low, leave it for 3 more minutes.
7. Mix it carefully( a toss) such that masala gets coated, now transfer to a serving dish.
You can make it to a semi gravy or dry masala as your wish to match with main dish.
8. Egg observes the taste of masala and vice versa, Good combination to serve with hot rice and Flavourful Sambar.