Sambar is one of the most loved dishes in South Indian cuisine. It accompanies almost every meal. In South India, there are variations in the way of preparing sambar recipe, Any vegetable can be made into sambar with the following drumstick sambar method. Drumstick has a unique flavour and aromatic to enhance the taste of sambar.
Toor dal-1 cup (boiled)
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Salt-1 1/2 tsp
Tamarind extract-(1 lime sized)
Drumstick -1 cup cut into 2-inch length
Onion shallots-9 nos chopped
Tomato -1 big chopped
2 teaspoons oil
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
3 small dry red chilies
Method to prepare:
- Boil toor dal soft and smooth with Turmeric powder(2 whistles in a pressure cooker).
- Add Drumstick , half of Tomato and chopped onion boil until it gets cooked( for a whistle in pressure cooker)
- Add Tamarind paste Asafoetida, Salt and Sambar powder allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Heat pan with 2 tsp of oil season with above-mentioned ingredients “For seasoning”.
- Add curry leaves and remaining chopped onion and Tomato (this enhances the smell of sambar ) saute for 3 more minutes.
- Now add this to boiling sambar.
- Switch off stove transfer to serving dish sprinkle some Coriander leaves aaaahh….. wonderful smell I can feel it now.
2 Comments Add yours
Cooked toordal 1cup .இது எத்தனை கிராம் மா (50 or 100 கிராம்)
50 gram sufficient for 4 to 5 people