Do you have plenty of tomatoes? or Tomato lover? If yes, grab this recipe to enjoy its original taste. Now in this season, we get plenty of Tomatoes cheap in the market. You can make this interesting recipe with very fewer ingredients and can be served with all type of our main dishes like roti, rice, Idli, dosa naan etc. We are not using any preservatives or onion in this dish so it can be stored for 3 days at normal temperature and 1 week to 10 days under refrigeration. This can be packed as travel side dish too.
Tomato -5 nos
Red chili dried long-12
Curry leaves-1 twig
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Oil-5 tbs(2+3, 2 tbsp gingelly oil)
Method to prepare Thokku:
1. Cut dried red chilies with scissors in 3 to 4 pieces. Note: If you don”t prefer spicier remove little seeds after you cut into small pieces, this will help you to reduce the spiciness.
2. Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
3. Heat pan in low flame with 5 tbs of oil, Switch on the exhaust fan, fry red chili until the seeds get light brown in color.
4. Add Tomatoes, curry leaves, salt, and turmeric powder mix well, cook on low flame.
5. Close lid and cook for 15 minutes until the skin of tomato and chili becomes transparent no need to add water, juice in the tomato is enough.
6. It leaves out oil at its edges when it gets cooked, switch off the stove. This can be used with all type rice and wheat made main dishes. This can be stored in the fridge for up to 10 days, Always use a clean and dry spoon.