Urad Dal Curry:
We have versatile recipes of dal curry which gives great combination with Roti/ Chappathi varieties. This Urad dal curry is one among such delicious curries. Roti is the staple food in many parts of India, to avoid the boredom situation of having this roti we make innumerable side dishes, with different flavour and aroma to grab the interest on every meal. This Urad dal with banana flavoured roti gives amazing health benefits and delicious taste.
Ingredients to prepare:
Urad dal 1 cup
Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves chopped 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – few
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Dry red chilli-1
Asafoetida (Hing)- 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Method to prepare:
1. Dry roast urad dal to golden yellow, this helps to avoid sticky (gluey)nature of Urad dal, chop the onion, green chillies, and tomato.
2. Add turmeric powder and 1 1/2 cup of water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistle .
3. when the steam reduced to normal temperature, mash it to a smooth consistency.
4. Heat pan with the oil and season with the “To Temper” ingredients mentioned above.
5. Add chopped Onion, green chillies and saute for a minute or two, now add Tomato and curry leaves, saute till it leaves its skin.
6.Finally add mashed Urad dal, chilli powder, and salt, allow it to boil for 3 minutes in medium flame.
7. Garnish with freshly chopped Coriander leaves and serve with banana flavoured roti.