Prawn is a common name for small aquatic crustaceans with an exoskeleton and ten legs, this variety of seafood will be soft and delicious with the simple recipes. Naturally, Prawn is sweet so we can add either more spices in the recipe or more sweet sauce to enhance the taste according to our preference to treat our taste buds. Here we have chosen the option of Indian style ginger curry which goes well with rice or roti.
Prawn de-shelled and washed-1/4 kg
Tomato chopped -1
Ginger grated 1 tsp which enhances the flavor and aroma
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Salt -1 tsp
Ginger 1 inch size peeled
Garlic 5 pods
Coriander seeds-1 tsp
Cinnamon stick 1-inch long-1 pc
pepper-1/4 tsp or few
Heat pan and roast the above items for 2 minutes and grind to a smooth paste
Fennel seeds-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-2 pinches
Curry leaves-1 twig
Coriander seeds-1 fist full to garnish
- Wash and clean prawns, add turmeric powder, salt mix and keep aside.
- Heat wok with oil add seasoning item, once pops add curry leaves, chopped ginger and Onion saute until golden yellow.
- Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder 1/4 tsp (if you prefer) and chili powder, add a cup of water and allow it to boil for few minutes.
- Add fresh grind masala to the cooking mixture, when the mixture boils add the prawns to cook in the mixture let it be cooked for 4 more minutes.
- Finally, add chopped coriander leaves and transfer to the serving bowl. yummy ginger prawn is ready to serve.