Horse gram rasam – which helps in a great deal to treat cough and cold during winter. Added fresh ground peppercorns, coriander seeds and cumin powder will increase digestion and free from congestion. Easy and healthy Rasam during this winter season. Another benefit of horse gram is used to reduce weight it burns the excess cholesterol to keep healthy
Horse gram is a pulse crop cultivated and consumed in India since ancient times. Horse gram is rich in protein very high powered, that’s why racehorses are fed with this gram which is called horse gram in the market.
Let us know some interesting health benefits about Horse gram:
High in iron, calcium, and protein, this is one of the richest sources of protein.
Low in fat and high in carbohydrates.
Low in lipid and sodium content and it’s slow digestible starch make ideal for diabetic and obesity patients.
Traditional medicinal texts describe its use for asthma, bronchitis, leucoderma, urinary discharge, kidney stones, and heart diseases.
Eating plenty of horse gram can actually help in the management of obesity.
Method to prepare Rasam:
1. First, roast slightly a fist full of horse gram for 3 minutes and boil it to a smooth dal.
2. Mash it, add a tablespoon of tamarind extract and salt to taste.
3. Coarse grind, a teaspoon of peppercorns, half a teaspoon of cumin seeds, dry red chili and 3 garlic pods. Mix it to the dal liquid.
4. Heat a pan with a teaspoon of oil and season it with few mustard seeds, asafoetida, and curry leaves.
5. Add the Rasam to it and allow it to froth boil.
6. Finally, add some chopped coriander.
Do not allow it to boil for a long time.